I recently spotted that a bag I purchased from Nisolo earlier this year is now available for half the price in their year-end clearance sale. I thought I’d offer a brief review for those who might be considering it.
** Please note: This article includes affiliate links. While there’s no collaboration with any specific brand for this post, I personally bought the tote. Making a purchase through my links might earn me a commission. **
Since August, I’ve been the proud owner of the Nisolo Canvas Tote bag. Overall, it’s been a pleasant experience. While the design is minimalist, its leather straps and copper rivets add a touch of elegance and warmth. The tote comes in three color variants: olive green, a rustic orange labeled as amber, and classic black. Each color is complemented with brown vegetable tanned leather straps.
While deciding on the purchase, I compared it with Madewell’s Canvas Medium Transport Tote. However, the canvas on Madewell’s tote appeared slightly washed out. The richer, deeper shade of black on the Nisolo tote caught my eye, as did its commitment to ethical manufacturing. (On a side note: I’m currently smitten with the black and brown combo in fashion items.)
If you’re new to Nisolo save 20% off your first purchase with my code WO20.
What I like
- It’s lightweight, weighing in at 11.8 oz (according to my postal scale).
- At 14″ w x 14.5″ h x 4″ deep, the size is big enough for toting a sizable amount of stuff. (It’s similar in size to my Everlane Pocket Tote.)
- The canvas used for the body feels sturdy and structured. It can even stand up by itself.
- The interior features one zip pocket, a must-have for any tote.
- It also has a key leash, which I find very useful.
- The 9.5″ handle drop feels just right.
- Like all Nisolo products, it’s ethically made in a factory that pays living wages. This tote was made in a factory in León, Mexico.